Wednesday, November 16, 2011

David HOCKNEY iPad Art



This is definitely something that I will add into my teaching...

Painting with iPhones/ iPads.

David Hockney is one of the world's most famous and prolific artists and what's great is that even at the age of 71 he is adapting and incorporating new concepts into his practice.

He has not ignored the upcoming technology and just as our curriculum's shouldn't, he is flourishing in the new possibilities. Here he is with one of his iphone paintings..







I would love to introduce this to students, even if it can not make it's way formally into the curriculum, it would be a beneficial process for them to be aware of.
I think I could most certainly write a six week unit on this. It's a drawing task which not only has VELS "Creating and Making" component possibilities, it also has strong implications for VELS "Exploring and Responding". For example, asking students to evaluate the potential strengths and weaknesses of technology based (2d) drawing compared to pencil and ink (3d) drawing. There is SO MUCH potential for this kind of thing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment